He strove, assum'd Meticus' form again,
Unedited Project Ideas
Many of these might already exist or are impossible.
- An online LP solver that actually is flexible with input and gives informative errors on invalid input (just a parser is fine, doesn't have to be online) instaparse? linguistics app!
- DNSSEC over oblivious ram (nope - need to encrypt with each recipient for truly PIR, intractable)
- Certificate transparency over oblivious ram - ditto
- Video chat where the streams are Delaunay triangulated on client and only the points and the colors are transmitted, for ultra low bandwidth videochat (requires some smart computer vision/edge detection)...maybe possible if we have dot stickers we can place on peoples faces at control points?
- Physical Turing machine that accepts tape and runs
- online realtime "Drawing Telephone" game, engine for other collab drawing games?
- website with class scribe notes along with each paper
- communicate without internet or data using subsonar audio waves? radio? that can't be jammed? or maybe secret channel where it sounds like noise unless you know passphrase so can't be scanned...
- Any technology that requires law is flawed...we should try to have security/privacy/freedom/net neutrality regardless of whatever government/companies control critical infrastructure...possible?
- Idea for public randomness: Hash of headlines of NYT, WaPo, WSJ, LATimes, BBC, TimesofIndia, etc etc (if s omeone controls all of them we're pretty screwed anyway)
- What's a protocol for verifying someone is physically in a certain place...?
- powerpoint "move mouse and get to the end by dodging the moving blocks" but in real life using VR maybe so you have to jump like an obstacle course
- a webext replacement for vimperator please :(
- Zip up the important install parts from the arch wiki and put it on the install media (maybe a separate "Incl Docs" version)
- Idea for reading app: it detects if you're on a subway for ___ minutes maybe using navapp, then recommends you a (public domain) short story or essay you can read in that amount of time
- a Facebook messenger extension that encrypts your messages via gpg...how to decrypt? need an extension maybe...
- art project: a box with ice at the top with a hole in it, at the bottom is a candle, as the ice melts the water level rises and eventually extinguishes the candle
- tor relay for physical mail?
- A safe for (paper) documents that destroys its contents if it thinks it's being tampered with...any disturbing action other than the combolock
- figure out how to write a dnscurve cache
- Presburger decider in haskell
- Delaunay triangulate the red tower